- Print |
Dissemination of water culture
At Aguas de Alicante we invest in environmental education and dissemination of the water culture at the earliest ages. That is why we use our education programme Aqualogía to inform primary schoolchildren about the urban water cycle.
|At your school||Since 2007, over 40,000 schoolchildren have participated|
|At the hospital||Over 600 children participate every year|
What is Aqualogía?
Aqualogía is an education programme for primary schoolchildren.
Guided by Aqualogía's characters, you can learn more about water in your city through digital and interactive educational resources.
Aqualogía presents water from a perspective that is in line with the challenges and opportunities in the current and future world: intelligent, healthy, and sustainable. Through videos, games and experiments, you can work in the classroom on water uses in the school, how water reaches our homes, or how water needs to be treated to make it safe to drink or return to the natural environment.
The educational objectives of Aqualogía
- Raising schoolchildren's awareness of the importance of water and the environment
- Teaching children about the natural and urban water cycles.
- Strengthening students' participation and interaction through the use of new technologies.
- Giving teachers an educational tool adapted to the curriculum of each educational cycle.
What is an Aqualogía session like?
The 75-minute activity is broken down as follows:
- Interactive story to determine existing knowledge. (15 minutes)
- Digital game, introduction and organisation of contents. (25 minutes)
- Experiments with water, organisation and application of contents. (25 minutes)
- Evaluation. (10 minutes)
As a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic and in order to prioritize the safety of the students, the AQUALOGÍA sessions will be temporarily held virtually. AQUALOGÍA 2.0 is an Environmental Education platform where you can access interactive content about water and environment care over the course of a month.