- Print |
Transparency, the key
to good water management
Transparent management is a key element for any company, and in our case it is an essential obligation which we are perfectly happy to meet. Below are some of Aguas de Alicante's actions, indicators and main data for financial year 2018:
DRINKING WATER NETWORK Municipalities and towns supplied 6 Total population supplied 483,196 Floating population supplied 669,441 Customers supplied 292,347 km of network 2,214 SEWER NETWORK Municipalities and towns supplied 3 Populated served 363,039 km of network 799 WASTEWATER TREATMENT m3 treated 27,842,222 Population equivalent supplied 545,211
Projects and investment in civil infrastructure
Investment in sewer network and reclaimed water infrastructure €2,629,481.25 Investment in drinking water network infrastructure €1,127,182.25 Preparation of environmental projects €11,232,547.29
Energy and climate change
Cogeneration of electric energy: In 2018, cogeneration at the Rincón de León WWTP reached 2,428,125 kWh, which met 28.4% of the plant's energy needs.
Figures on people
Staff % Men 256 73% Women 97 27% Total 353
2016 2017 Variation Operating income 76,789,346 76,975,948 0.24% Net result 7,850,458 7,133,582 -9.13%
Support schemesIn 2018, the Board of Directors approved a support scheme for €513,000. The support scheme is designed to alleviate the serious financial situation of people and family units that have been particularly affected by the recession. In 2018, a total of 1,642 families were supported. The amount allocated is 8.2% higher than in 2017.
Indirect economic impact of projects and works
Revitalization of the construction sector.
Improvement in environmental conditions
Sustaining employment in suppliers of works and services.
Investment involving the use of goods and services
Strong impact on employment: 471 jobs in the 62 subcontracted companies in 2018.
- m3 of treated water: 27,942,222
- m3 of reclaimed water: 11,901,634 m3 / year
- Sludge for agricultural use: 5,662 t/year
- Sludge for thermal use: 21,979 t/year
- Population equivalent supplied: 547,210
Treated wastewater reuse
- Current length of the reused water network in Alicante: 72.8 km.
- A total of 70% of Alicante's green areas are irrigated with reclaimed water. As a result, the surface area of green areas can be increased three-fold.
- Aguas de Alicante also utilises non-drinkable groundwater for irrigation of landscaped green areas, street cleaning, and other uses that do not require quality water.
- o In 2018, the use of these alternative sources saved 1,110,748 m3 of drinking water.